Monday, July 22, 2013

DIY Bed Canopy

I have been wanting to change up our bedroom a while now. I think adding fabrics really softens a room. I had seen some pictures lately of bed canopy's, and  I wanted to use the extra fabric I had left over from the wedding. I had two giant Crosscill white cotton curtains I found at goodwill for less than a dollar! I only needed one! They were super long. It's great if you only have one long panel you don't know what to do with. It was super easy.

You'll need long screws, a drill, curtain ring hooks with little clamps, and twine. I wanted the canopy the length of the bed, but honestly you can get creative as you want. Since you screw in where you want to tie the hook from you can do it so many ways! You drill in the screw into the ceiling, tie the curtain hook to the nail with twine ( tie it tight), and pinch the small clamp to the curtain. It only took about 20 minutes to do, and it gives an elegant touch!

Good luck!
- Jen









No comments:

Post a Comment