Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Thrifty Furniture updates!

Here's a couple furniture makeovers I did over the last couple weeks! There's nothing more satisfying than finding an awesome deal on a piece that you can totally see the potential in and giving it new life. The wingback chair was one I finally got around to reupholstering and I put it in my little sitting room! The fabric I used was a pair of gingham Goodwill curtains! Think outside the box with fabric, I love to use drop cloths from Big Lots. It's so much fabric for cheap! I found the Duncan Phyfe antique table at one of my favorite thift stores and I was in love. I was looking for a smaller table for the eat in kitchen area and it came out beautiful. I love Americana decor chalk paint. I mixed primitive with a small amount of Carbon black to make the perfect greige. Then I sealed it with their wax sealer. It's so easy! I'm on the search for some chairs which I will update y'all on! Here they are!




Isn't she a beauty!
 
I did a coat of primitive and then did the mixed mixture to make the grey.
 

 


SO happy with it!

 

Bruce approves.


I got this chair for $5 at a garage sale!

 
 
 
So much sweeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment